As a locally owned and operated computer training school in St. Louis, MO, offering a variety of computer education classes, Premier Knowledge Solutions is pleased to offer a comprehensive program for veterans receiving funding from the Post 9/11 GI Bill. This complete computer and IT training includes a variety of individual IT courses as well as IT tracks and specialty IT programs for individuals interested in using their Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits to start or forward a career in the IT industry. Our available courses and training range from CompTIA training and IT Governance courses to Networking training and more.
Apply for your Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits & begin your new career with Premier Knowledge Solutions -St. Louis comprehensive IT training! Please complete VAF-22-1990 Application for Education Benefits and then submit your completed form online.
With our Post 9/11 GI Bill training, we can accept partial funding or complete funding depending on your available benefits. If you are interested in our Post 9/11 GI Bill training courses, please call us today. Each Post 9/11 GI Bill student will be appointed their own Learning Advisor who will guide them through the application process all the way to course and program completion.
Our Post 9/11 GI Bill training courses, taking place at our St. Louis and O’Fallon, IL Learning Campuses, are scheduled on a rolling basis, which allows for enrollment throughout the year, so call our computer training office today to register for an IT training program!
Our Post 9/11 GI Bill Training Options & Certifications Include:
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialists (MCTS) Certification (35 Contact Hours Per Class)
- CompTIA Certification Training (35 Contact Hours Per Class)
- ITIL Training (21 Contact Hours Per Class)
- Six Sigma Certification (35 Contact Hours Per Class)
- Project Management Certification (35 Contact Hours Per Class)
- FISMA 8570 Directive Courses (35 Contact Hours Per Class)
- Windows Server 2008 Boot Camps (35 Contact Hours Per Class)
- Developer Courses (35 Contact Hours Per Class)
- IT Governance Courses (35 Contact Hours Per Class)
As a PearsonVUE Testing Center, Premier Knowledge Solutions is a one-stop shop for individuals interested in receiving special IT certifications and training. We offer comprehensive live, instructor-led training courses approved by Microsoft, CompTIA, EC-Council, PMI, ISC2, Agile/Scrum, Axelos (ITIL) and more, and can help schedule and provide the necessary testing required for certification. To learn more about our IT and computer training and certification options available to veterans under the Post 9/11 GI Bill, please contact our computer training office.
The Post 9/11 GI Bill was signed into law in July of 2008. This new bill created a robust education benefits program for veterans and service members that rivals the WWII Era GI Bill of Rights. The new Post 9/11 GI Bill developed education benefits for veterans and service members who served on active duty for 90 or more days on or after September 10, 2001.
The education benefits that were created with this Post 9/11 GI Bill are tiered based on the number of days served on active duty. This creates a benefit package that gives current and previously activated National Guard and Reserve members access to the same benefits as active duty service members.
Post 9/11 GI Bill Frequently Asked Questions
Am I Eligible for Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits?
You may be eligible for Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits if you served at least 90 aggregate days on active duty after September 10, 2001 and you are still on active duty or were honorably:
- Discharged from active duty
- Released from active duty to be placed on the retired list or the temporary disability retired list
- Released from active duty and transferred to the Fleet Reserve or Fleet Marine Corps Reserve
- Released from active duty for further service in a reserve component of the Armed Forces
You may also be eligible for benefits under the Post 9/11 GI Bill if you were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and you served at least 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001.
How much will I Receive for my Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits?
The Post 9/11 GI Bill uses a tiered system for determining the benefits that are to be received. Therefore, the amount that you will receive from Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits will vary based on your length of active duty service. According to this tiered system, you will be entitled to a percentage of the following:
- Cost of tuition and fees, not to exceed the most expensive in-state undergraduate tuition at a public institution of higher education (paid to school)
- Monthly housing allowance equal to the basic allowance for housing payable to a military E-5 with dependents, in the same zip code as your school (paid to you)
- Yearly books and supplies stipend of up to $1000 per year (paid to you)
- A one-time payment of $500 paid to certain individuals relocating from highly rural areas
Where can I learn more about the Post 9/11 GI Bill?
See more answers to frequently asked questions about the Post 9/11 GI Bill here.